Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day #5

Jack continues to do well but has occasional bouts of pain that surprise us every time. I was amazed at how well he did the day of the surgery and even the next day. Day three, as promised, was not so good. Jack woke up at 5:30 AM and was at the top of the stairs sobbing when I got to him. A dose of pain meds and snuggling with Mommy seemed to help. The rest of the day he felt pretty good most of the time. Yesterday we did a little more than we have done. I was in desperate need of an eye exam and contacts so we went to visit Miss Stacie. We stopped at Chic-fil-a for lunch and I let Jack play for about 10 minutes which he really needed.  We stopped by to see Paul at his office and by the time we got ready to leave he was getting cranky and telling us his neck hurt (he either tells us his neck or his tongue hurts).

Last night after dinner Paul said he didn’t feel very well.  I was feeling kind of yuck but chalked it up to broken sleep, early workout and a LONG day with Jack. After Jack went to sleep, we hit the sack and then at 12:30 I woke in a panic when I heard Jack crying and raced to the top of the stairs. By the time I got there, I felt like I might pass out. Luckily Paul came up with the medicine and I felt like I couldn’t move. And let’s just say I was up on and off all night…

To add to everything, poor little Carson has been fighting a cold. I feel terrible sending him to school when he’s not 100% but he hasn’t been running fever and he gets so bored at home all day. And you should see him when Paul starts to leave, he runs to the basement door and waits for him! If Paul gets out of sight, he starts to whine as if he’s worried he has been left behind! This morning was no exception. He practically jumped in Paul’s arms and started waving bye-bye to me. If we ask, “do you want to go play with your friends”, and name some of them, you can see the expression on his face change. Here’s hoping his cold is on the way out!

I’m bracing myself for several more days of Jack being in pain. I’ve heard from several mom’s that these next few days are rough as the scabs are forming in his mouth and he feels a “pulling” sensation. Ugh…can’t even think about that. Ugh.

Hope everyone is having a great week. I really am cherishing this week off with Jack, even though he has been quite trying at times! The medicine doesn’t knock him out but makes him cranky at times.

More later…

No comments:

Post a Comment