Sunday, April 18, 2010

What the boys are doing…

I started this blog to keep family & friends updated…especially since most of our family lives so far away! And sometimes I take for granted the “little” things. So before I forget, I thought I’d tell you some of the cute things the boys are doing these days.

Jack…well he’s as funny as ever.

  • He is in love with all things Dragon or Viking right now after seeing “How to Train  your Dragon” A super cute movie!
  • He’s got quite the imagination. Today after church we ate lunch outside and then Paul and I went inside to put up the lunch things. As I headed back outside I noticed Jack having a wild conversation with himself so Paul and I had a great laugh watching him.
  • We love to hear what he’s learned in school or Sunday School. Today he told us all about Jesus & the Leper and then stood up in his chair and said “and Jesus said I can do all things because he gives me strength!”  Just precious.
  • He loves to pretend Carson is a monster and gets C to chase him.
  • He tells me I am beautiful all the time. Now how sweet is that?
  • He picks every weed-flower he see’s and gives it to me.
  • He’s a HUGE staller at bedtime. I know this is common, but it cracks us up (and frustrates us!) that we’ll be settled downstairs thinking he’s asleep and then he requests for one of us to “cuddle” him.
  • He’s a great helper with Carson…most of the time!
  • And he loves to bargain with us…as I type he’s saying “Daddy…just FIVE more minutes…OK??”

I am amazed by how much Carson is learning and doing, especially since he transitioned to a “big boy” class last week.

  • He LOVES to eat! He doesn’t care for potatoes or the breading on chicken fingers, but he eats just about everything else. And just like his brother he LOVES his fruit in the morning! Oh, and most nights he eats more than Jack. We realize it’s probably just a phase, but we love that he has a good appetite!
  • Lately he loves to drag around the etch-a-sketch. He carries it around by the orange pen…but alas our camera is broken so no shot of it!
  • He is signing a lot more. He signs “more” very well and “thank you”.
  • He blows kisses…and it’s so cute because sometimes he confuses “thank you” with blowing a kiss.
  • He waves bye bye.
  • He’s trying very hard to repeat “uh-oh”. It’s so cute…it’s more like “oh oh”.
  • He really can point to the cat in the book now.
  • He knows what the “fishy” does and opens & closes his mouth.
  • He loves to close doors.
  • He’ll eat anything laying on the ground…sticks, mud, dirt, rocks…you name it.
  • He likes to play “catch”. He’ll get the ball and throw it back….of course he can’t catch.
  • He loves to climb! In & out of his push car or his fire truck.
  • He LOVES to copy Jack. And Jack loves to get Carson to chase him.
  • He brings us his shoes! It’s probably one of the cutest things he does. But I’m so impressed that he knows which ones are his and he sticks his foot out ready for us to put them on so he can go outside (which he adores)!
  • He naps on a cot at school and he LOVES his napper.
  • He sits a little table in a chair for lunch & snack…and he just looks like such a baby in his new room!

So that’s an update on our little blessings! We had a great time at the Botanical Gardens this afternoon getting Carson’s 1 year/Family photos taken. I can’t wait to see how they turned out!

And…because I don’t like to create a post without a picture…here you go!

cp haircut photo Blurry…but he CRACKED us up with the sucker while he was getting his haircut. Check out that smirk!

jack

Jack on his way to the river with Daddy!

so blessed~

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment